The Versatile Integrated Processing Unit Rev-X (VIPUR-X) is the first DO-178C and DO-254 certifiable avionics video processing unit and computing platform from Richland Technologies. It is expected that VIPUR-X will be the first in a family of computers to hit the market over the next few years. VIPUR-X provides an easy to use, modular architecture suitable for the development and certification of a wide variety of safety and mission critical applications. Based on RTL’s Open Standard Re-configurable & Certifiable Computer Architecture (ORCCA), VIPUR-X marries proprietary image processing capabilities to ORCCA’s high-performance multi-core processing power to create a platform that offers the highest level of reliability as well as significant savings in Size, Weight, Power and Cost (SWAP-C).
VIPUR-X’s flexible I/O formats and sophisticated graphics processing make it the ideal solution for sensor fusion applications. VIPUR-X processes image data from multiple sensor inputs and carries out the required graphics processing to produce a single combined video stream transmitted to the Head Up or Head Down Display, while also providing a standard digital interface for the aircraft avionics. With certification evidence available to satisfy the objectives of DO-178C and DO-254 Level A, VIPUR-X can be used in the most critical flight applications. Furthermore, VIPUR-X’s exceptionally low power dissipation make it the ideal solution in environments where cooling can prove problematic.
VIPUR-X has been built to provide the avionics developer with modular flexibility, making the unit perfect for a variety of domains including:
- Avionics Video Processing
- Enhanced Vision Systems
- Head-Up Display symbology generation
- Primary Flight Displays and Multi-Function Displays.
- Certifiable up to DO-178C and DO-254 Level A
- Aligned with FACE™ Technical Safety Standards 2.1
- Low power (peak power dissipation under 30W)
- Dual Core ARM processors: Cortex™ A9, Cortex™ M3
- Fully Redundant I/O Controllers with dedicated CPUs: ARM Cortex™ R4F 32-Bit RISC
- Proprietary Image Processing
- Support for popular Real Time Operating Systems including Green Hills INTEGRITY-178B tuMP
- Graphics Display Drivers and Library Support: OpenGL SC 1.0 Rasterizer
- Multiple I/O Support: ARINC 818, ARINC 429, Ethernet, Discrete, Fiber Optic, DVI, and Analog.